Here is my list of goals that I would like to accomplish this year. Hopefully, at the end of this year I will have succeeded, or at least made an honest attempt at them.
NEW YEARS GOALS:
- Fitness. This has been my new years goal for awhile now. And, I believe I’ve succeeded for the most part. I continually work out and push my limits. My goal this year is to learn a new sport. I don’t consider myself good at sports or very coordinated. I really want to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. I’m leaning towards soccer or archery. Soccer because my husband can teach me and will join me (he was a high school soccer star). Archery because it just looks cool. And I’m a hunger games fan. I admit it.
- Yoga. This may be should go under fitness. I’m really wanting to take a yoga class (at least a few) and really give it a chance. I’ve done yoga before and not been a huge fan of it. But, I have major back issues. I get intense back pain flare ups about once a year, and I usually have a dull ache consistently through out the year. My doctor tells me I need to strengthen my core and that yoga should help. I secretly think I may have a few back diseases, but everyone else seems to think this is just the hypochondriac in me.
- Be social. For a long time, losing weight was my thing. And I really grew up in that time. My overall character is the same. I have the same morals. I have the same loud bellowing laugh. I still can be incredibly shy. I’m a great friend. A terrible listener. I love and hate most of the same things. But, I am also very different. “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then”… that’s me. I want to make this the year that I go to more meetups. I make more friends. I hang out with people who I haven’t met yet. I want to expand my circle and meet people who are into the things that I’m just discovering (ie hikers).
- Get pregnant. Can this really be a goal? I want to be in the position to expand my family. My husband and I would love to have a baby in our arms sometimes in 2017…which means this could be the year we get pregnant. Of course, I want to by financially ready to have this baby and I think we are close. But, I also want to be ready physically and mentally.
- Be proactive regarding my health. I’ve had some thyroid issues in the last few years. Ultimately, I think that my thyroid will probably have to be removed. I need to get the tests done and really just stay the course. I tend to let fear override everything and my health (not weight) is not my priority in that sense.
- Travel. Road trip across a few different states would be exciting. I really want to go back to Italy, especially since that is the prize my husband and I lost on Price is Right.